This new edition of Leisure and Recreation in Canadian Society: An Introduction contains a completely new chapter on events and festivals in Canada, which focuses on providing an overview of the types of events and festivals that occur, while profiling a few that are unique in the Canadian context. Also included throughout the book are new features that provide examples of current events and trends in Canadian leisure and recreation. Statistics and research have also been updated throughout the book, and new study questions that align with the new content are included at the end of each chapter for student review.
This fully updated third edition is also supported by Learn., our integrated online learning environment that empowers both you and your students with a 21st century learning experience that provides your students with precisely the content they need, when they need it.
Highlights of this new edition
- All new chapter devoted to events and festival in Canada
- Updated statistics and research throughout
- New special features throughout focusing on current leisure and recreation issues and trends across Canada
- New photographs, graphs, and charts carefully positioned throughout, with an attractive, new two-colour design.
- Digital textbook will be available for both you and your students
Click the thumbnails below to view sample pages